Return To Blog
Glass Classes March-July 2019
By Linda Ehlers - March 1, 2019
** ART GLASS CLASSES **
*** 4 Week Stained Glass Classes ***
Tuesday Evening 6:30-8:45PM – March 5, 12, 19, 26 (one spot left)
Wednesday Morning 10AM-12:15PM – March 6, 13, 20, 27 (this class is full)
Thursday Evening 6:30-8:45PM – March 7, 14, 21, 28 (this class is full)
Friday Morning 10AM-12:15PM – March 8, 15, 22, 29 (non-beginners only) (this class is full)
Tuesday Evening 6:30-8:45PM — April 2, 9, 16, 23
Wednesday Morning 10AM-12:15PM – April 3, 10, 17, 24
MAY/JUNE 2019 (5 weeks $95 beginners/$80 non-beginners)
Tuesday Evening 6:30-8:45PM — May 14, 21, 28, June 11, 18
Wednesday Morning 10AM-12:15PM – May 15, 22, 29, June 12, 19
JULY 2019 - NO CLASSES
$85 Beginner / $65 Non-Beginner (Tools & materials separate.)
(OR Beginner $175 all inclusive fee - class fee ($85), tool rental ($20), + materials & taxes ($70).)
(Non-beginners can also pay $18 to attend one day if space available.)
*** Glass Fusing Classes/Kiln/Hot Glass Classes ***
$58 Beginner / $48 Non-Beginner (Includes firing fees & tool rental. Materials separate.)
APRIL 6TH 2019 Saturday Afternoon 2-5 PM
MAY 18TH 2019 Saturday Afternoon 2-5 PM
- Class fee is due within one week of registration: Call to pay by credit card or mail a check.
- Class fee is only refundable if You cancel 48 ahead of the first class.
- Missed Classes must be made up within 1 month of the last class of the session.
- Cancelled classes (due to weather or instructor illness) must be made up on the day class is rescheduled by the instructor or within 1 month of the last class of the session.
- Tools and Materials are not included in the class fee unless specified.
* * *
CLASS NOTES: Great Glass Galore is a home based business. Due to that…
- Parking: Students will park and meet 15 minutes before class at the Rock Creek Pool and Tennis courts (1650 S. Indiana St.) on the southeast corner of Rock Creek Parkway and Indiana Street. From there, you can walk 5 minutes to my house, or the instructor will drive you over in her car (a red Ford Explorer).
- Cats: I have cats. So if you are allergic to cats, don’t sign up for class or take precautions.
- Stairs: Classes are in my garden level basement. You must be able to go up and down stairs.
All students: Make one or more bowls, plates, tiles, clocks, coasters, jewelry and more. The projects are shaped to ceramic or stainless steel molds and Great Glass Galore has over 60 molds available for student use. The firing fees for all your projects are included in the class fee, but expect to spend $30-$80 on materials. Glass cutting skills are recommended, but not required. Ask about scheduling an optional 1.25 hour glass cutting workshop (cost $20). System 96 glass is used during the class. If you decide to make more projects outside of class and don’t have a kiln, you can pay Great Glass Galore to fire them.
Beginners: Learn about the materials used in fusing and how to clean and assemble them. You will also learn a basic firing schedule for a small project, and about the changing properties of glass as it heats and cools. You will have time to make one large project (up to a 12x12” square or 12” round plate) and several smaller projects.
Non-Beginners: Just work on projects at your own pace, or learn more details about firing schedules, setting up your own kiln, kiln wash, molds, fiber papers, or other fusing techniques.
Beginners: : Make one of over 3 dozens patterns of 15 pieces or less, learning the steps of the copper foil method (cutting, grinding, foiling, soldering, and framing). Try Great Glass Galore tools the 1st week, then purchase or rent tools by the 2nd week.
Non-Beginners: Work on whatever you want at your own pace (lamps, boxes, clocks, large windows, fusing, mosaics, stepping stones, or another stained glass panel). Get added help and tips to advance your stained glass skills and knowledge. You can also learn the lead came method of stained glass.
BUSINESS HOURS: Retail and wholesale customers are welcome by appointment. To make an appointment, call or text Linda’s cell: 303-641-3575 or click on “Set Appointment” at www.greatglassgalore.com.
Great Glass Galore will be CLOSED:
Sunday April 28th - Friday May 3rd 2019
Tuesday May 7th - Friday May 10th 2019
Monday July 1st - Sunday July 14 2019