Return To Blog
Fusing class added Sunday January 12th 2020
By Linda Ehlers - January 3, 2020
*** Glass Fusing One Day Classes ***
$60 Beginner / $50 Non-Beginner (Includes firing fees & tool rental. Materials separate.)
JANUARY 11TH 2020 Saturday Afternoon 2-5 PM (This class is full.)
JANUARY 12TH 2020 Sunday Afternoon 2-5 PM (Added. Space available.)
FEBRUARY 22ND 2020 Saturday Afternoon 2-5 PM
APRIL 4TH 2020 Saturday Afternoon 2-5 PM
MAY 16TH 2020 Saturday Afternoon 2-5 PM
All students: Make one or more bowls, plates, tiles, clocks, coasters, jewelry and more. The projects are shaped to ceramic or stainless steel molds and Great Glass Galore has over 60 molds available for student use. The firing fees for all your projects are included in the class fee, but expect to spend $30-$80 on materials. Glass cutting skills are recommended, but not required. Ask about scheduling an optional 1.25 hour glass cutting workshop (cost $20). System 96 glass is used during the class. If you decide to make more projects outside of class and don’t have a kiln, you can pay Great Glass Galore to fire them.
Beginners: Learn about the materials used in fusing and how to clean and assemble them. You will also learn a basic firing schedule for a small project, and about the changing properties of glass as it heats and cools. You will have time to make one large project (up to a 12x12” square or 12” round plate) and several smaller projects. The 5 week class will also covering using patina to change the color of the solder.
Non-Beginners: Just work on projects at your own pace, or learn more details about firing schedules, setting up your own kiln, kiln wash, molds, fiber papers, or other fusing techniques.
- Class fee is due within 1 week of registration: Call to pay by credit card or mail a check.
- Class fee is only refundable if you cancel 48 hours ahead of the first class.
- Missed Classes must be made up within 30 days of the last class of the session.
- Cancelled classes (due to weather or instructor illness) must be made up on the day class is rescheduled by the instructor or within 30 days of the last class of the session.
- Tools and Materials are not included in the class fee unless specified.
* * *
CLASS NOTES: Great Glass Galore is a home based business. Due to that…
- Parking: Students will park and meet 15 minutes before class at the Rock Creek Pool and Tennis courts (1650 S. Indiana St.) on the southeast corner of Rock Creek Parkway and Indiana Street. From there, you can walk 5 minutes to my house, or the instructor will drive you over in her car (a red Ford Explorer).
- Cats: I have cats. So if you are allergic to cats, don’t sign up for class or take precautions.
- Stairs: Classes are in my garden level basement. You must be able to go up and down stairs.